Mama Monkey nominated me for the Creative Blogger award! She said my blog was “thought-provoking” which is too cool!! *Thanks Again!
Since I’ve never done this before, and I’m not quite sure what to do, I’m going to use the same format as Mama Monkey did. So here goes! 🙂
The rules are to answer questions, nominate others, and pose questions for your nominees to answer. Since I personally was told to answer the questions below, that’s what I’m doing. Easy peasy.
- If you could choose where to live (regardless of family, your commitments, etc.) – where would you live?
This is a hard question to answer. My first thought is California because I’ve been here for so long and there are SO many awesome things about it. Like easy access to the beach YEAR ROUND, I can play tourist for the day and bum around Hollywood to check out the stars and sights, go downtown to the garment district and get incredible deals on fabric and notions and YARN (omg I love yarn), if I feel like going to the snow or the desert, or even to the redwoods or the Golden Gate Bridge… it’s just a drive away. The people are eclectic and people-watching is always a fun past time. While I love it here, I also want to travel with my family and I think how fun it’d be for the three of us (my daughters and I) to jump in an RV and just drive with no particular destination in mind. I mean, we do that now as it is when we want to go out, but don’t know where to go at the time, but it’d be fun I think to just keep going…
- Your favorite book?
Anything from Dean Koontz! It’s too hard for me to pick just one book, with SO many out there. He’s my favorite author though because I love how he blends different genres into his horror writing. There’s fantasy, sci-fi, humor, sarcasm… his books have it all! I often find myself reading late into the night and either laughing out loud or having to sleep with the light on. Or both. You never know with Dean. 🙂
- Movie at home or theater?
Again, hard to choose. I like the theater because the vibe of the other people in the audience makes the movie that much more interesting. For example, when I saw Planet of the Apes 2, I saw it with the composer and all the talented people who played the music for the soundtrack of the movie itself. The movie was fantastic, but watching the faces of the people who made the music for it was a new experience. They were delighted to see how the two went together so perfectly. Watching them watch it was amusing as well because some of them were moving their fingers on their “air” instruments and I wondered at the time, if they even knew they were doing it. It was wonderful! On the other hand of this question, I love to pile on the couch or the floor with family/friends and watch movies at home. We order pizza and make other snacks, and generally it’s a good time for all. Never a dull moment!
I’m nominating the following blogs (in no particular order):
- Giggling Fattie and her blog No Love for Fatties – Because her blog touches on some of the feelings I have about myself. I too am a “giggling fattie” loving myself and my sarcastic approach to the world around me!
- Jenn and her blog Stories and Scribblings — I love that her blog is “quirky, sarcastic, and aggressively uncool” as per her About page which you should totally read because there’s a bonus section in it!
- Gun Roswell and her blog Rantings Of A Third Kind — Because I simply like what she has to say, and I like the photography posted as well.
The questions I’d like them to answer are:
1) Are you a person who has a lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
2) Are you a leader or a follower? How do you know which one you are?
3) What’s something about yourself that you hope will never change?