I am super stoked that I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the ever so awesome GigglingFattie at No Love for Fatties !
*Please check out her blog and you’ll see why she’s as awesomesauce as I think she is.
If you’re new to the world of blogging, and blogging awards, or even if you’re not new but just don’t know…here’s the break down:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award but more importantly help to promote newer bloggers with fewer followers.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them (you can create a pingback by copy and pasting the URL of a specific post into your blog. It doesn’t work with the home page, but any other post will work. Their most recent, or perhaps your favorite one?)
- Give them 11 questions of your own to answer.
The questions that GF wants answered: (and for the record, I love the “flip” questions 🙂 asking about negatives instead of favorites and positives. Not EVERYTHING is positive and sometimes the negative stories are hilarious. 😉
- What is the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten? Ok so I’m like 4 or 5 and I got sick. We were living in Liberia at the time and the American doctors didn’t know what was wrong with me. Some kind of thing (bacteria maybe?) in my mouth and down the back of my throat. So my parents took me to a tribal doctor. (I mean of course they did lol) Anyway he mixes up some muck.. it looked like brown and green mud and was super thick and he wanted me to EAT IT! I was not having it. Long story short (too late, I know), I was pinned to the foor, dad holding my arms and legs and mom pinching my nose and when my mouth opened they all forced me to consume it. It was THE most foul thing I have ever tasted. But.. it worked. The “whatever” I had was gone in a little over 24 hours. Go figure…
- The worst book you’ve read/movie you’ve seen? A co-worker of mine knows I love to read. I’ll give anything a chance, but if I don’t like it, I don’t like it and I won’t finish it. So she gives me this book and says it’s her “favorite book” and she and her 3 daughters have read it and they all love it too. So I’m excited to read it. I had to put it down after FOUR PAGES! The main female character gets raped WITH A GUN by the main male character. I mean c’mon… A) No. B) Now I’m thinking how the hell did she let her children read this book? They are 15, 17, and 24. It was awful and I couldn’t continue after that 4th page where the incident happened. I gave it back the next day.
- The worst vacation you’ve ever been on? Knock wood, I haven’t really had a bad vacation that I can remember. I’ve had things go wrong.. sometimes really wrong while on vacation, but overall it was still a good getaway. Huzzah for that!
- The worst gift you’ve ever received? I thought long and hard about this one and I can honestly say that I haven’t received a gift I haven’t liked. My people know me SO well! *Either that, or they listened when I dropped major hints haha
- Worse style phase you went through? One word: Aquanet. My bangs were basically freeze-dried into a fan sprouting up from my head. I’m sure I have a photo somewhere… If I find it, I’ll add it. I would aim the blow-dryer at my face and spray my bangs so they stayed whatever “fan-like” direction they were going in. LOL
- The worst date you’ve ever been on? It wasn’t so much the date itself, that went well. I even spent the night with him at his place, that went really well. It was waking up the next morning to leave and seeing his parents in the kitchen making breakfast. Apparently it wasn’t his place, he still lived at home and I’m meeting his parents for the first time while trying to leave. His dad winked at him… gross. So I declined their offer of breakfast and church (!!!) and went home.
- Worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard? “Hey girl I like yo body language” to which I replied “Well, it’s not talking to you” and walked away. All his friends were just behind him when he approached me so when I left all I heard was “Daaaaammmmnnnnnnnn!” LOL
- Worst job you’ve ever had? The one I have now, as it’s sucking my soul. Seriously though, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with my art background so I feel like I’m wasting away every day from 730am-4pm a little bit at a time. Every day. 😦
- Worst teacher? I can’t remember his name, but he was my English teacher in 8th grade. First, he called me Sarah which is my middle name and only my family uses it. He said he liked it better than my first name and refused to stop. Second, we had to write an essay or something for homework and he gave me an F for “ending in the middle of a sentence.” Well I didn’t understand what the hell he was talking about so I brought him my paper and and he pointed to the last line I’d written. I took the paper from him and turned it over to the back so he could see the rest of the sentence. And he goes “Oh.. I didn’t think to turn it over.” I mean come on… Third, I was chewing gum in class (a big no-no I know, but I was a rebel apparently) and I blew this giant bubble (it was like Hubba Bubba or Bubblicious one of those giant bubble makers) and he walked up to me and before I could suck the bubble back into my mouth, he popped it… with his finger! Super gross.
- Biggest regret from the last 72 hours? Not folding the laundry I finally washed. I even put it on my bed so I’d be sure to do it before I went to sleep. Nope, just pushed it all off the bed, onto the floor where it still sits in a big ass pile. Although it’s a bit smaller now because I’ve been picking up a piece here and a piece there to wear… I’ve just been too lazy to do it like I should. I even started more laundry… oy.
- Worst personality trait? I’m uber stubborn. Like soooooooo stubborn.
So I may have gone overboard with the length of my responses haha, but hey… 😉
As I mentioned above in the “rules” I’m supposed to nominate 11 blogs that I think are deserving of the award. However, the last time I did this, I got a response from someone that they were not a “small” or “new” blog and they were kind of offended that I nominated them. SO…. this time around I will not be nominating anyone as this is my space and I don’t need drama in it. (I have enough of that offline) I will accept this award from the fabulous Giggling Fattie, and I will participate in response to her generous nomination, but I’m not “paying it forward” as it were.
Although, I did have some cool questions in mind, so maybe I’ll put those in another post and if you feel like answering them, I’d love to see your responses 🙂